smilehax is a homebrew exploit for the 3DS game SmileBASIC 3. :)
A JAP or USA copy of the game (only available on the eShop) (now patched)
· Recent 3DS firmware up to 11.0.0-33
Note: For USA versions, currently only 3.31 is supported.
1. Get the homebrew starter kit from the homebrew launcher website and put it on your sdcard.
2. Enable WiFi on your 3DS.
3. Fill in your firmware version here:
. . -
4. Fill in your SmileBASIC version/region (see FAQ if you can't find your version):
5. Click the "Create Programs with SmileBASIC" button.
6. Enter the following script manually in EDIT mode:
Please select a SmileBASIC version.
7. Switch back to DIRECT mode, and write the following:
8. If you make a typo, you can write
LOAD "INSTALL", fix it, and save it again with
9. Execute it by writing
RUN in DIRECT mode.
10. If everything went well, the screen will become blue, then green.
11. The game will exit with an "An error has occured" popup.
12. Start the game again. Now run the HAX script!
I get an "An error has occurred." popup when running the INSTALL script.
Make sure wifi is enabled. Make sure you entered the install script correctly.
I get an "An error has occurred." popup when running the HAX script.
Make sure you wrote
usa in lowercase on line 1 of your INSTALL script.
I get a red screen when running the HAX script.
Make sure you have an sdcard inserted with a valid boot.3dsx file.
How do I trigger the exploit?
After installation, you can run the exploit by clicking:
· Browse Projects → [DEFAULT] → HAX → confirm.
My version isn't supported. Help!
You can downgrade SmileBASIC by removing the installed upgrade from 3DS settings.
American users on version lower than 3.31 can use another exploit by MrNbaYoh.
How do I develop homebrew?
The 3dbrew wiki has a tutorial how to setup the toolchain and build example code.
Where can I find other exploits?
You can find a summary of exploits on the 3dbrew wiki.
Where can I get the source-code?
· yellows8 - help, usa constants
· smea - otherapp
· MrNbaYoh - for developing a similar exploit
· TheRoastWithNoHost - testing
Everyone else in the 3DS homebrew community!