freakyhax is a QR-code homebrew exploit for the 3DS game Freakyforms Deluxe.
· A EUR/USA/JAP copy of the game (either eShop or cartridge)
· Recent 3DS firmware, including latest (11.1.0-34) as of this writing
1. Get the latest version of freakyhax, and extract it to the root of your sdcard.
2. Get the "otherapp payload" for your 3DS firmware from the homebrew launcher website.
3. Put the otherapp bin on your sdcard root and rename it to "otherapp.bin". (On Windows you may need to disable hiding file extensions)
5. Get the homebrew starter kit from the homebrew launcher website and put it on your sdcard.
4. Start the game.
How do I trigger the exploit?
In the game menu pick:
Play → Camera → Load a QR code → pick the image.
It doesn't work!
Try the troubleshooting guide. If that doesn't work, try the IRC channel #3dsdev on EFNet.
How do I develop homebrew?
The 3dbrew wiki has a tutorial how to setup the toolchain and build example code.
Where can I find other exploits?
You can find a summary of exploits on the 3dbrew wiki.
Will it work with the non-Deluxe version of the game?
Not in its current form. The source is there so go fix it. :)
Where can I get the source-code?
· Make sure you have freaky.bin and the DCIM directory in your sdcard root.
· Make sure you have a otherapp.bin in your sdcard root.
· Make sure the otherapp.bin matches your firmware version, region and console type (new/old).
· If none of the above helps, try resetting the save file.
· If it still doesn't work, come see us in #3dsdev at EFNet.
1. Clear your save by holding A+B+X+Y when the game starts.
2. Set your planet name to "a".
3. With minimal effort create 5 formees with name "a", favourite phrase "a" (you have to go through the tutorial, unfortunately).
4. Remove all 5 formees.
5. Leave game and enter 3DS Settings. Move date one day forward.
6. Start the game again.
7. Create a formee with name "a" and favourite phrase "a".
8. Restart the game.
9. Trigger the exploit.
· smea - <3
· yellows8 - help
· fincs - help, testing
· mtheall - testing
· derrek - <3
· shinyquag - for finding the same vuln independently
· AuroraWri - testing
Everyone else in the 3DS homebrew community!